The Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC) designation demonstrates that a contractor excels in the construction industry. Even more, AQCs must follow strict safety guidelines, continually train employees to be the best in the industry, and show their commitment to employees and the community. Since 1993, the program has publicly honored the nation’s best contractors with the AQC designation.
Background of AQC
AQC is a designation offered by Associated Builders and Contractors. The trade association encourages and trains contractors to work responsibly and rewards those who go above and beyond. For example, the Associated Builders and Contractors STEP program evaluates the company’s safety record and awards levels based on OSHA compliance, at-work incidents, and other factors. The highest level, Diamond, means that a contractor has far fewer accidents than the national average due to their strict compliance.
AQC lets contractors who earn the top STEP levels show an even greater commitment to corporate responsibility. AQCs not only need to meet exceptional safety standards, but must show that they meet quality standards, educate and support their employees, and make significant contributions to the community. The extensive application includes recommendations by third parties and documentation of a quality control program, craft and management education programs, community involvement, and commitment to a diverse and harassment-free workplace.
What Does AQC Mean for You?
There are many benefits to you when you hire an Accredited Quality Contractor.
- The AQC has a history of excellence in the field and provides high-quality service.
- Employees are treated fairly and have the opportunity to grow and excel in the field.
- The AQC is bonded, meaning you have a financial guarantee that the work product meets specific standards.
- The AQC follows a high level of safety standards, ensuring that the work site – and the completed structure – will be safe for you and others.
- The AQC must recertify every year, which assures you that their commitments are ongoing.
Nature Bridges is proud to have earned the AQC designation, as well as the STEP Diamond award – some of the highest honors for contractors in the United States. Our commitment to our business, clients, employees, and community is only surpassed by our commitment to the environment. When you want a structure built, you can rest assured that calling Nature Bridges is the right choice.