Since the world has become industrialized, our planet has unfortunately paid a price. To help combat the negative impacts that construction has on the environment, Nature Bridges was founded with a goal of constructing in a way that leaves habitats in the same state in which they were found. With this in mind, our team has perfected the art of top-down construction method, a technique in which structures are built from the top to bottom. This method helps to preserve the area’s natural ecosystem while construction is underway, so the only thing left when we’re done is the bridge or walkway we’ve built to blend perfectly with its surroundings. We seek to enhance nature’s beauty with our projects instead of replacing it.
But what is top-down construction? Check out these facts for a quick tutorial on this innovative and environmentally-friendly building technique.
Top 5 Things to Know about Top-Down Construction
- Uses lightweight hydraulic impact and material handling equipment that stays on top of the structure during construction
- Eliminates damage to vegetation and wildlife habitats caused by other types of construction.
- Provides lower permitting and construction costs than that of conventional construction companies.
- Enables easy cleanup of equipment before moving to a new project to prevent cross contamination of plant debris.
- Maintenance of top-down construction equipment prevents fluid buildup and other wear on the machines that could cause environmental damage. Emergency clean-up kits are readily available.
We’re proud to share a few examples of projects we built utilizing our top-down construction method:
Innerarity Point Park
College of William & Mary
Here at Nature Bridges, we understand the importance of preserving the natural habitats that are so important to our planet’s ecosystem. We believe that protecting nature is vital and that it shouldn’t be sacrificed for the sake of progress. Our team is proud to be recognized as one of the few top-down construction companies offering this environmentally-friendly building option. Do you have a bridge or walkway construction project on the horizon? We’ll help you attain a beautifully-built structure, while also preserving your property’s environment. If you would like more information about our environmentally-friendly construction options, give us a call at (850) 997-8585.